Re: [Amc-list] Pig in Rambler

Wish I could help on the parts/info, but Ford 9" info should be easy enough to find on the 'net. I'd take the axles somewhere that has a power hack saw, the horizontal kind that continuously runs fluid over the blade while cutting. Most welding shops should have one, the bigger ones anyway. Don't forget to chamfer the edge of the cut, but you can get away with doing that yourself with an angle grinder. The chamfer is mainly to allow the axle to slide in easier.

-------
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 01:30:13 +0000
From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx

Anyone got a Fraud 9" pig laying around?
I'm looking for a 3:25 or 3:50 geared center section for one.
I found some cut to fit 31 spline axles that are made by Yukon. They are pretty cool as they are splined for 5-6 inches [forget the exact length]. You just cut them to length. With my 56" housing they will work well as one side will only be a 1/4 longer then the minimum length of 25.5" So it's almost an exact fit when cut! The other side will be 3"s longer. They are priced good as I can get a pair off Ebay for $180 shipped, yukon has good name, we have very good chop saw here at work too. I asked the seller how they cut them and he said a chop saw does fine if you take your time. I think there is a place down town with a cold saw. I may ask them what they charge for a cut.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"