Re: [Amc-list] Staggered Shocks on rear axle.

Re: [Amc-list] Staggered Shocks on rear axle.

My 70 Javelin has the driver side shock behind the axle and the passenger
side in front of the axle.
I would swear that my 67 Camaro did not have staggered shocks from the
factory. I remember contemplating
why my so called backward AMC Javelin, has staggered shocks and the
supposedly almighty GM product
Camaro didn't have the shocks staggered. Both cars were equipped with multi
rear leaf springs. I switched the
Camaros to monoleaf and traction bars. No wheel hop there. I wonder if Don's
70 AMX has the factory traction
enhancement, I can't remember what they are called, but it's sorta like a
traction bar. My guess is with this feature
the shocks could be straight across.
Armand

My 70 AMX doesn't have staggered shocks.
They are both mounted behind the crossmember.
Been that way since it was delivered to me in Dec. 1969.
Don
1970 AMX