----------------------------------
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:58:41 -0700
From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 16:53 +0000, Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> If he has 5/8" bars, I can check my pair of 65 Ambo's.
> If their both 11/16" I'll sell him a set!
> if mine are both 5/8" I'm screwed too!
> Hey, are the Ambo bars longer than a Classic?
> Can they be cut down and threaded if they are???

They're forgings, and not straight; they flare at the end to position
the cup washer; newer ones have no flare, and more thread to hold the
front nut. That's the basis for the cant=use-modern-bushings problem.

YOu can't use new rods on old cars because the angle of the tang that
bolts to the lower arm is totally different.

Screwed, I say, screwed.

PS: Some (few) bushing kits will come with the shim for the skinny rods.
Beer can works too.

10 and 80 are the same.

--
Frank Swygert