Re: [Amc-list] More How 'bout a Chevy?

A: Crank sleeve for TH400 means '74 or newer. ('73 and earlier used an
adapter/spacer for TH400. When I take mine out, I'll compare it to the pilot
hole of the 327 Nash my old trans will be going up against later) Maybe the
BW pilot hole and TF one are the same? AFAIK, only the flange was changed.

From: "Clarence Milstead" <cmilstead@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] More How 'bout a Chevy?
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Good to see all of those thoughtful posts, some not so nice, but
what the
heck. Some seem to think there are AMC V-8 engines lying around
all over the
place, maybe, but not here. I think all of the AMC cars have
been crushed
and the engines used for boat anchors or something. The last
Gremlin I saw,
other than mine, was about four or five years ago. It had a SBC
and would
really smoke the tires. In all of my years going to the salvage
yard I never
saw a V-8 engine in a Gremlin, Hornet, or Concord. I did see a
401 in a
Grand Wagoneer but that was about 10 years ago.  I bought my
Gremlin new and
don't plan on selling it so price isn't a problem. It's never
been in a show
and probably won't be. I don't think they have AMC shows in this
area. If
you would like to see my Gremlin and learn more about it go to:
http://www.gremlinx.com/index.htm. Some really great looking
Gremlins on
this site.