Re: [Amc-list] 66 American front end replacement

On Fri, 11 May 2007, Sandwich Maker wrote:

> i've toyed with the idea of using '70 jav/amx inner fender panels to
> update a '64-9 american to balljoint suspension.

It seems like a custom upper A-arm would be a lot easier. It's
pretty close as it is... it's not much of a stretch! It would
mean it could be undone for actual restoration if you care.

If the knuckle and spring seat line up, I don't see why slitting
a Hornet/Concord arm and narrowing (I think) would be that
hard. The inner bushings look like they'd fit as-is in the
American slot.