Re: [Amc-list] 66 American front end replacement

On Fri, 11 May 2007, Jay wrote:

> with a more modern front end with disc brakes? The street-rodders use
> Mustang 2 front ends most of the time as they are easy to find and
> reasonable. What would you recommend that I use if it is to be done?  Is it
> economically  feasible?
>
> Or should I just replace the original  pinions with later types with grease
> fittings?

As I'm sure someone will respond, with enough money anything
will fit.

Whatever it would cost you to stick it under there, it will
buy you 50 years of AMC replacement parts for the front end
you have now, which when all is said and done is not a bad
design at all. It probably has better roll geometry than the
MII one does. And you can drive it the same day you get the
replacement parts! The MII thing you'll be fiddling with for
months. Depends on your goal -- driving or wrenching -- both
are valid and fun goals. Just be clear which it is you're doing!

(I've learned to ask *myself* that question clearly, only
recently :-)