[Amc-list] Ownership of AMC Documentation

Matt Haas said:

>You mean like the one at http://www.amcyclopedia.org/?

You know, I appreciate the effort put into some of these things, but on the
other hand, I'd be more willing to contribute to that site were there not
an attempt to claim copyright on the information.

For instance: the list of AMC dealers.  I know that list was built off of
previously published lists (for instance, I have a list my local AMC dealer
printed off for me back in 1981).  Yet, the list published on AMCyclopedia
claims copyright and restricts how it can be used elsewhere.

If I contribute to the amcyclopedia list of dealers, my contribution
apparently becomes the property of Farna Systems.  I'm pretty sure I
contributed "Pence-Briggs Rambler" to the Richmond, VA listings -- why
would that that now be copyrighted by Farna?

Eddie Stakes also has a list of AMC dealerships.

         http://planethoustonamx.com/bodyAMC.htm

I don't see that copyright is claimed on it.  Why would there be?  That
list is almost identical to the list I was given by my AMC dealer.

WikiPedia is rapidly being filled in with AMC information, and it's all
public domain.  So is www.AMCArchives.org .  I already put up one page there:

         http://www.amcarchives.org/index.php/Wheels

Now, if www.AMCArchives.org were to copyright what I've written, I wouldn't
bother.