[Amc-list] fwd: Brakes on a Javelin

rather belatedly i realize i should forward this to the group; i know
folks here have parts books...

i know of 3 possible calipers:
the '74-8 big bendix
the '77-'81 small bendix
the '82-9 low drag, which might be bendix or delco or both

and in '79 they changed from the big spindle used only with the big
and small bendix rotors, back to a small spindle like previously used,
and a rotor that was continued through the end of rwd cars.  this
probably fits the early spindles - same #6/#2 bearings - but whether
it'd be right relative to the caliper bracket i don't know.  [this
would be useful info for folks with '77-8 small cars, as the big
spindle rotors are getting expensive and hard to find and it could
widen the list of possible donors for swapping to the cheaper later
rotor]

he -probably- has the small bendix.

" From: "Gary" <javelin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
" Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 17:48:44 -0400
"
"
"
" Hello:
"
" I found your email via Planet Houston guy's web pages.
"
"
"
" I have a 1970 Javelin that has single piston calipers on it. I have a set of
" the Kelsey Hayes versions off the car, but they are clearly not the same??
"
" I know that Bendix also made a single piston that was used in conversions.
" Do you by chance have any pictures or a part number I could look for on the
" calipers? I want to replace rotors etc. but without knowing what I am
" looking at is a problem.
"
"
"