Re: [Amc-list] fwd: Brakes on a Javelin

The first place to start is the caliper. If it has pins it's either a
KH or Delco, and if it slides it's Bendix. Big Bendix uses a 3.1"
piston, small Bendix a 2.6". KH has a 2.75" piston, Delco a 2.6". I
would go so far as to assume the rotor is for the caliper type, as most
likely the entire system was "borrowed" from a single donor. The only
fly in that ointment is the 77-78 small Bendix. As Andrew points out,
they use the small Bendix caliper but the big Bendix spindle and
bearings. Since few people used those I think he's safe to assume he
has the small spindle as well. Unfortunately there's only one way to
find out. I'd order one rotor and check fit first.