Re: [Amc-list] $3.00Gal. Gas? = Get my Butt out of Dodge City=

Re: [Amc-list] $3.00Gal. Gas? = Get my Butt out of Dodge City=

>> These CNG fuel tanks are made of aluminum and reinforced plastic.

Well sure, but whacking a steel tank going over a curb or
whatever is a minor 'oops'. Carbon fiber and aluminum are
brittle. No thanks. I want my redundancy. It's 3000psi in one
of the harshest technical environments we've got. You won't
have the equipment to even inspect the thing.

CNG doesn't scale well; an automobile-size tank is a bulky,
heavy PITA, where a bus-sized (or larger) tank is less of a pain.

It fills REALLY SLOWLY too as cramming a gas through a tiny
hole jus takes a long time.

LNG is an even bigger PITA.

Steel tanks are big, stupid, simple, safe. And heavy...

$3.00? I now routinely pay $3.60 here in Los Angeles. Oh I
bet we ain't seen nothing yet. At least Europe gets public
transportation for their $4.50/gal!