[Amc-list] Flying Gremlins

Your question, should you choose to answer it: how was that Golf related
to the later larger car built by American Motors (for American
motorists) --- in North America.  And don't say "Gremlin got a G-code
engine" --- that's true, but it's not what I'm lookin' for.
------------------------------

There's only two cars I can think of that could possibly have a
relationship to the Golf: The Alliance/Encore and the Premier.
Alliance/Encore are slightly larger, I think, but were more competitors.
The GTA (based on Alliance) was inspired by the Golf GTi, but I don't
think that's what you're looking for. Or that the Golf is a cut-off
Jetta like the Encore is a trunkless Alliance. Of course I think they
are in reverse order -- Golf came first then Jetta by adding a trunk,
Alliance came first then Encore by truncating (nice pun, eh?).

The Premier has no obvious relationship to the Golf. It's definitely
bigger and was designed specifically for the US market and built in
Bramalea. I can only think of one possibility -- was the Gold styled by
Giorgetto Giugiaro (or the Giugiaro studios)??