Re: [Amc-list] PRD aluminum radiators...question again???

Re: [Amc-list] PRD aluminum radiators...question again???

Happy to reply, didn't see Joe's post until reading your's Armand, what
was his subject line originally? I either missed it or it didn't come
through, sorry for the delay Joe!

I think it's entirely correct to discuss this on the list and welcome
any comments either way

The core's we used are sourced from a racing supplier, they guaranteed
us of the core dimensions, the billet neck, the no epoxy fully welded
construction etc. We ordered 3 initially and then a much larger batch at
the conclusion of the bulk buy. While welding the brackets it did become
clear that they had changed core suppliers mid way through what they had
shipped us. Some did have the "made in Taiwan" sticker and some did not,
there were also small tank dimensional changes that required us to
change some of the bracket dimensions and the jig they were being welded
on. We examined both batches extensively and could find nothing what so
ever that indicated they were of lesser quality in any way.

All the welding to enable the radiators to work in our cars was done in
the USA, other then a 1 centimeter long sticker nothing was found that
in any way changed them in a negative way. Nothing was provided to us
stating origin of the cores and for all I know the first ones could have
been made anywhere, they did not have a sticker, the second ones did. I
saw no reason to try to conceal the cores origin.

I did get one offline email that usps had bashed up one of the boxes and
the overflow nipple had taken a hit hard enough to bend it over, no
damage to the neck, distortion of the tank or anything indicating that
these were of cheesy construction. That individual is getting a
replacement nipple and otherwise is pretty damn happy with his purchase.
Some nice comments have been made on the forum and over all I'm pretty
happy right now with how things are going.

If the sticker is causing enough distress that this seems like a
reasonable statement to post: "Maybe I'm the only dummy who ordered
one????"  I apologize very much, we had no prior knowledge that it would
be there and have seen no issues with the quality.

~John