Re: [Amc-list] PRD aluminum radiators...question again???

Re: [Amc-list] PRD aluminum radiators...question again???

I ordered one also Joe. I think quite a few of us did, as the comment was
made that the purchase was
a success in that they got at least the numbers they wanted to make the deal
go through. Maybe all of
them weren't through the list.
It hasn't arrived yet but I did get an intent to ship notice from USPS.
When I visit the USPS sight it tells me the item has yet to be placed in
USPS hands for shipping
to me, but is expected for shipping.
When mine arrives I will let you know.

Just a comment here, this radiator deal was solicited on this list, I see no
reason for it not
to be discussed here as needed. The whole idea behind soliciting on the list
was a large
enough order to get a discount on the part.  The only way to contact fellow
listers who did order a radiator is through
the list, how else are we (radiator buyers) supposed to know what is going
on with our order.
I sent several e-mails to both John, and Mark, and other people at PRD
regarding this radiator. John
was the only one that would respond in a timely fashion. I did get responses
from Mark but his
were always after I had sent a few messages. So I think the best source of
information is the power
of this list. Using a commonly seen phrase on this list, Hey, that's just my
opinion your mileage may vary.

Now back to the radiator, I see no problem with the part being made in
Taiwan, they make much better
parts there than they used to in the 60s and 70s. The trouble I see is that
no one really told us that was
where they would be made, and however in this buyer beware society, no one
asked where they were to
be made. I for one believed it was USA just from the way things were
discussed. I now understand why it was
so difficult for PRD to make any changes to the design, as was requested by
me. Just last weekend I saw a
radiator in an import "tuner" that immediately reminded me of this radiator,
what with it's similar design. My
son's Acura Integra has a radiator made in Taiwan, so far so good.

Makes me wonder where the ignition wires are made that were being solicited
on this list and sold by PRD?
 John can you comment on all of this??

Thanks,

Armand