Re: [Amc-list] oops bent 'em again

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" So I'm left with two choices: put pushrods back in, free it up,
" change the oil with flush as planned, and hope that fresh lube
" down the valve stems will solve it.
"
" []
"
" Any bets on what my chance of success with
" it-will-clear-with-lube will be? There seems to be no underlying
" mechanical issue, and the engine seems to be in otherwise good
" runnin condition, it just sat.

i wouldn't be surprised.  when i tried 'gunk' on my first car, an
ex-telco fleet '66 american with 4000 showing on the clock, i let it
idle much longer than specified because i could hear the engine -
which i'd thought was running well - speed up and smooth out, and a
ticking tappet went quiet.

and i couldn't dump the oil from the drain pan for a couple of days,
but when i did i found an unbelieveable layer of sludge on the bottom.