Re: [Amc-list] oops bent 'em again

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007, Tom Jennings wrote:

> So I'm left with two choices: put pushrods back in, free it up,
> change the oil with flush as planned, and hope that fresh lube
> down the valve stems will solve it.

I forgot to say, I got it running last Sunday, and it sat
un-started until today. It's got old oil in it, so I wanted to
get it straight to my local garage (no more home oil disposal
for me). I now wish I had started it every day,.

On a happier note I got it fully legal today, the interior
totally removed, the console and shifter out, cleaned, lubed
and reinstalled, and the seats out, cleaned, and back in. Did no
real restoration, just clean, inspect, lube. Console and seats
show 44 years of wear but are OK. It's all easy enough to remove.

The interior of this little car is breathtakingly simple. It
looks like a mid-40's car under the dash. About 3 wires. Wiper
motor pushrods under the dash. Seats bolt onto flat mounts. What
a breeze to work on so far!

I'm sure it has it's idiocyncracies. Haven't worked on the
big-nut rear, or the front suspension.