Re: [Amc-list] Weber Carbs

" From: adm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
"
" Sorry if I am repeating what has already been said, I just saw this and
" thought I'd chime in, since Webers have been on my mind lately...
"
" On the 232 you might be able to use the 2 barrel intake from a later
" 258, so that you don't need to 2-into-1 funnel type plate Weber makes.
" That's what I am doing, with a 4.0 head on 258 block.

the wcd is already a 2bbl; that's what the 'd' means.  however, it
mounts 'inline' with the engine whereas the bbd was mounted
'crosswise', though they have the same bolt pattern.

the late '70s 2bbl should bolt directly to the original exhaust as
well as head; '64-'79 exhaust manifolds are all the same save for egr.
likewise the '80s intake and exhaust together.  i'd once hoped the
'99-'06 4.0 split exhaust manifolds would work, but apparently the
ports on that head are so small they are a poor match for earlier
heads.

" The air cleaner is noisey, though I suspect there are quieter
" aftermarket (aftermarket part for an aftermarket part?) kits available.

i thought i saw somewhere - maybe the redline site? - an adapter to
put the stock amc/jeep aircleaner atop the weber carb.  i haven't seen
an aftermkt aircleaner for it that i'd trust more than the stocker.

" "I have been told by a couple of guys that replacing my Carter WCD carb on my
" 232 will improve the throttle response quite a bit, I would hope so for $400.
"
"
" Jay in FL"