[Amc-list] Weber Carbs

A couple of things to remember about Weber carbs. I used to sell LOTS of
the kits for the Jap cars in the 80s. They would make a HUGE difference
in power over a stock Jap carb IF jetted right.
The 32/36 Weber comes in several versions depending on the choke and
emissions connections. They are rated 280-310 CFM depending on the size
of the choke housing. There is also a 38/38 which is rated 380 CFM and a
40/40 rated 410 CFM (VERY RARE).
 I do NOT recommend using the 38/38 on the street. Although they make
more power they are VERY difficult to jet for economy and generally get
terrible fuel mileage.
 Do NOT use the 1" air filter on them. It sits WAY to close to the choke
throat and will cause a loss in power and fuel mileage.
MOST of the time the jetting on them (even new) was WAY off. They would
be way too rich on the primary and to lean on the secondary. We would
take them apart brand new and reverse the jets. They are very tunable.
Too bad they have become so expensive! Back then I was buying kits for
$125 !!
Those were the daze!!!
But hey,,, that's just ME!
Bruce Hevner