Re: [Amc-list] F('ing)ailing parts 2

OK, I'm familiar with one such application. VW/Audi cars in the mid to
late Eighties had two switches. A normally open switch that closed at .6
bar, (hooked directly to the light, it worked just like you're used to)
and a normally closed switch that opened at 1.8 bar and was monitored by
a electronic relay that turned the light on and made a terrible screech
if the switch opened above 1500 RPM. These things were notorious for
intermittent random activation, and nowadays if you open the relay on a
lot of these cars you'll find someone had broken the circuit board out
of it and tossed it (the low pressure switch would still work normally
if you did this). Don't ask how I know  ;)

Keleigh