[Amc-list] Thought I'd hit the forum now I'm confused

[Amc-list] Thought I'd hit the forum now I'm confused

 Thought maybe I'd try to post my wares on the forum, used to use the
old one but it's been a long time. So I registered.... Now I'm all
confused as they have dropped a logic bomb on me. I went to the first
posts area figuring that's where I'd post first (seemed to make sense at
the time)...

Tried to start a new topic.. Says I need 10 posts before I can start a
topic, so I decide to post 10 random replies to things in there so I
meet my quota

It tells me I can't post.....

I find this at the bottom of the page

You can view topics in this board.
You CAN NOT post replies to topics in this board.   <--------------
You CAN NOT start new topics in this board.
You CAN NOT start polls in this board.
You can post towards your post count in this board.    <-------------

Above it seems to be telling me to post there to meet my post count, but
that I can't post there, although if I did I could then post other
places if posting were allowed, but it's not....
Aaaarrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Anyone circumnavigated this maze before?

~J