[Amc-list] Re; Driveshaft swaps.

However

snip
I know when I swapped a 92 Mustang T-5 into my 70 Javelin (a bolt it
swap)
the $10 Mustang driveshaft was too short........and the original AMC
shaft
didn't fit at all.............
Snip

When I installed my 87 Mustang T5 in place of the broken '70 T10, in my
390 Donohue, not only  did the drive shaft not need to be changed, but
also I could re-use the  clutch disc.
go figure!

Used lifters and cams can be used with a reasonable degree of expected
reliability if you check for  a crowned shape on the surface of the
lifter
using a straight edge as a reference source and the  cam  shows no undue
wear.  At least that is my understanding from a fellow who has made a
good
living rebuilding reliable and cheap Chevy small blocks from junk yard
parts. His advice has always been pretty sound over the years I have
known
and worked with him. My 2 cents for what it is worth.

John.