[Amc-list] 56 or 57 NASH Ambassador for sale (Los Angeles)

[Amc-list] 56 or 57 NASH Ambassador for sale (Los Angeles)

A friend of mine inherited a 56 or 57 Nash Ambassador in decent
running shape. He wants to sell it. He's a car guy, but not an
AMC person, and suffers from too-many-projects-itis.

It's 56 or 57 because we don't know how to tell the difference
and we're too lazy to lift a book.

This is a loaded Ambo. It has A/C! Not sure if it cools, but
compressor runs and is not seized. Packard V8! Auto trans. Has
plastic on the seats! Amazing upholstery, the seats are worn
and split but the verticals (rests) are fairly good. Fold-down
rear jump seat.

Color is coral (flamingo pink) and grey. Except for two
two? horizontal strips it has all trim (and there's about 100
lbs of trim). The stainless is all good, the plated stuff has
minor pitting but otherwise good condition.

The only rust on the car seems to be under the carpeting but
it does NOT go throug the pan. There is no rust on the rest of
the car.

The paint is in fair condition, seems to be original, except
hood and front fender tops where it's simply worn through,
and faint dust of rust on the hood (wipes off by hand).

It starts, runs, drives, stops. It's drivable. Glass is all good.

Dash is 100% complete. Steering wheel paint is flaking, but
every knob and lever is there. Original radio in place. The
A/C vents and emblems etc are all there.

Continental kit is complete, with a decent tire even.

I looked underneath -- there is shiny paint on the chassis pan!
This car is in overall solid condition.

It was garage-kept until the last two years. It's Los Angeles
now. Peter wants $3500 for it.

Contact me if you are interested, I'll have Peter call/email you.