Re: [Amc-list] AMC Spare

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, Widiker, John D wrote:

> Ok that car is just too damn cool!

Thanks!

It's now back in commission, what a relief. Picked it up this
morning, drove to work (45 miles). Ran like a watch. 2-3 upshift
seems slow, but I'll go RTFM, and drop by tomorrow to as the
rebuilders about it.

The place is called The Transmission Shop (Glendale CA), and
Kevin Williams is the owner, older guy, no problem working on
the old stuff. They're all pretty nerdy there -- a good sign --
reflashing car computers, building peecee computers for their
kids, and I ended up chatting with a friend/customer who needs
some electronic engineering work done. A nice mix of old and
new tech.

He said he installed an OEM replacement kit that had real
asbestos linings instead of kevlar, so it ought to last longer.
We'll see how it works out. $1220 with tax etc, drive in drive
out. Assuming it's all done right, it's a bargain for me,
last rebuild lasted a long time.