Re: [Amc-list] AMC Spare

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, Swygert, Francis G MSgt 436 CES/CECM wrote:

> Having a full-size spare can be handy, but I've rarely needed a spare.
> For that reason I carry a "donut" spare from a Jeep Cherokee. It's a 16"
> wheel/tire, so it's just about as tall as a standard 15". One from a
> Ford Crown Vic or Lincoln Town Car works well also.

Yeah, but this is my semi-off-road car, and I carry spare
Duraspark module, hoses and belts, a small but full set of
tools, wire, tire repair, airpump, shovel, carpet chunks (for
sand). I've jacked my way back through 100 feet of sand coming
back from hot springs in the desert. I've been carrying a crap
spare on the hood (ran out of space inside).

http://wps.com/BM/2006/images/dsc00662.jpg

(On the Hornet I went backwards in time: five identical matching
tires, wheels and hubcaps, and I *rotate* them.)