Re: [Amc-list] AMC Spare

At some point, when I get time or ambition, I plan on going to the Jeep or another narrow tall wheel in the American. I may go for a narrow 15X4 Rally as you can get them in dual pattern fairly cheap if you look around.
  Anyway the plan is to lay my sealed Optima type battery down on it's side and build a rack to allow the spare to slide above it in the right rear corner of the trunk. This will give me some trunk space back. If I do it right I should be able to make a space for a tool kit to fit beside the battery under the spare too. I'll likely have to fool with the spring on that corner if I do all this and pile it on that one corner. It is the traction corner though! :]
Right now the spare lays in the back in the center, the battery takes up the right rear corner and the subs take the space over the rear axle. Any chance of putting much in the way of luggage is a call fro rearranging things. Plus forget about opening it up at a car show!
  I must admit this is not high on my list of things to do right now!
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net