Re: [Amc-list] AMC Spare

Oh, another thing I forgot to mention.
  I must admit, I've grown quite fond of my "simpler" Dakota Quad cab.
It's a Base model 4X4. The only real options are the 4.7 and the Sport package.
No Power, windos,locks,no cruise, no tilt, NADA!!!
  The biggest thing I miss is the power locks as it is a stretch with my bad shoulder to reach all those doors! So I'm thinking I may add them when I get better.
  I thought I'd miss all the stuff as my S-10 4 door was loaded, But I don't! If it ain't there it isn't breaking!!!
   My newest dream build is a 63-66ish Classic, Ambassador,etc With the 4.7 in it.
5 speed of course, to avoid the automatics Chrysler is using now! Anyway, juice the 4.7 up to HO specs with cams and an intake swap. Polish or Chrome the valve covers painted snake nest intake. The neates thing of the whole deal is you could leave the 287 emblems in place!
  I know a Stroker six would do eqaull well power wise, but the rumbly V-8 would have appeal to the masses.
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net