pull the Pertronix unit and drop the points back in.

Date: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 11:02 PM
From: Keleigh Hardie <keleigh3000@xxxxxxxxx>

Agreed, it is. I've been craving a simpler car myself lately. Something
with points and a carburetor. I understand. On an intellectual level,
though, I do agree with Frank. Space savers make sense. Flat tires
aren't all that common any more, and with modern cars some wheel/tire
assemblies are so expensive and heavy that it doesn't make sense to
waste a lot of money and weight on a wheel and tire you may never use. I
know that hardly any of my customers are likely to change their own any
more. Heck, some  of our cars don't come with any spare at all, just a
high tech bottle of "fix-a-flat". Hope their AAA membership is
current...