[Amc-list] Brake warning light, Park brake warning light, Brake lights

[Amc-list] Brake warning light, Park brake warning light, Brake lights

Dan,

I think you're mixing up your lights.

The system I'm familiar with is on a 1970 however I think the 73 is the same also.
There is a brake warning light, (same one as the park brake light on the dash)- it is illuminated by a switch in the brake lines and activated by a difference in pressure between the front and rear systems. It signals brake system failure.

There is a Park brake warning light which illuminates whenever the park brake is engaged. Again, it is the same light on the dash that warns of brake system failure.

There are brake lights which are activated by a switch on the brake pedal and illuminate the lights on the rear of the car.
Hope that helps.
Don

Congratulations of the road trip Joe.  I know how it feels to take that
first ride, especially when the stares start.  The brake warninig light can
be adjusted under the dash, there is a switch mounted on the brake pedal
assem (if it's the same as my '70).  Mine is doing the same thing after
having to brake hard.  If I'm mistaken on this please someone straighten me
out, thanks.  The squeak/creak is mine also.  It helped when I replaced the
spring seats, but I still have some creak.  I've used a silicone spray the
night before taking it to show that's helped.  Sorry, can't help with the
third, unless maybe the ground isn't making good contact.  Good luck and
hope this helped a little.

Dan Whitehead
Brodhead, WI