[Amc-list] gas tankery

Hot damn! Working gas gauge! Well it "worked" and while F was
full 1/8th tank was empty. Came back from a trip yesterday
with an empty tank so I dropped it (took 15 minutes) and spent
an hour tweaking the sender so that actually empty means the
needle sits directly on the dot of "E".

The TSM says at empty the sender should be 73 + or -
12 ohms. Well I put a rheostat on instead of the sender and
adjusted it until the gauge read exactly empty -- when I read
the rheostat is was 60 ohms.

(The implication is that senders and gauges have HUGE normal
variation -- 73 + and - 12 is +/- 16%.)