[Amc-list] google earth, the end of privacy, and finding junk cars

[Amc-list] google earth, the end of privacy, and finding junk cars

I just downloaded Google Earth and even I was shocked at the
utter and complete loss of physical privacy. It's gone, none,
that's it.

The resolution on the free package isn't enough to ID a car --
but you know damn well that they didn't put those satellites
up there without it! I don't think the local DMV is using it
to count the cars in your backyard, but I'd be shocked if it
doesn't happen eventually.

It would be nice if I could detect make and model, as it would
save me the trouble of actually drivin to U Pull Parts in Sun
Valley to see what they have in the yard! I can count the cars,
and see their colors, and I might be able to guess pick'm'up
vs. gremlin, but not much else.

The point of this: If you think there may be some old cars at some
address, get google earth or use maps.google.com and go look!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=11549+Sheldon+St+Sun+Valley+,+CA+91352&ie=UTF8&z=19&ll=34.247202,-118.383651&spn=0.001,0.003358&t=h&om=1