Re: [Amc-list] rear wheel lock up problem still

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Matt Haas wrote:

>>> Unless, I'm misunderstanding, this isn't true. Wagner master cylinders
>>> use two different bore sizes.

> I know it was used early in the 1967 model year on American's with
> manual drum brakes. AMC went to Bendix masters sometime after
> mid-October (when my wagon was built) but before the AMX's came out. The
> rebuild kit I bought for it is Raybestos MK529. Advance Auto Parts' web
> site says it also fits 1966 Americans. They also list several Jeeps from
> 67-71 but I'm not sure if those count or not. In any event, they for
> sure have a split bore size. The TSM points this out and says to discard
> the cylinder if it's worn since it's difficult to hone it properly.

Wow, well I almost canb't believeI never heard of it, but there
it is.

About a year ago I started to document AMC/Rambler brakes, and
ran out of data. I've been collecting TSMs, and just bought
a few more on ePay, 1967 being one of them. I'll eventually
coumplete the damn spreadsheet! And I'm sure I'll stumble on that
bore business.