Re: [Amc-list] rear wheel lock up problem still

Re: [Amc-list] rear wheel lock up problem still

On master cylinder bore size: this has no effect on front:rear
balance, only pedal pressure and travel.

If the master cylinder bore is larger than factory-design,
pedal pressure will be higher and stroke will be shorter.
I have this setup in my 63 Classic. It makes for HEAVY pedal
but is otherwise totally fine and safe.

If the master cylinder bore is smaller than factory design,
pedal pressure will be lower and pedal travel will belonger.
If the pedal travel is too much then there won't be enough
fluid in each stroke for safe braking and that could be fatal.
I doubt you could really acheive that bad state though with
mix'n'match brake parts that AMC used; I've never seen more
than 1/8" difference big to small masters and slaves.

In AMC dual piston masters, the Front and Rear bores are
always the same -- hence the master to front and master to rear
ratios will always be the same and balance front to rear will
not change.