Re: [Amc-list] rear wheel lock up problem still

Tom Jennings wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Matt Haas wrote:
>
>> <snip>
>>> In AMC dual piston masters, the Front and Rear bores are
>>> always the same -- hence the master to front and master to rear
>>> ratios will always be the same and balance front to rear will
>>> not change.
>> <snip>
>
>> Unless, I'm misunderstanding, this isn't true. Wagner master cylinders
>> use two different bore sizes.
>
> Wagners that AMC used?! Wow, I'm totally wrong on that then. None
> I've seen indicated split bore sizes.
>
> My bad! I hate uttering and repeating wrong information.
>
> Do you know any years that this is the case?

I know it was used early in the 1967 model year on American's with
manual drum brakes. AMC went to Bendix masters sometime after
mid-October (when my wagon was built) but before the AMX's came out. The
rebuild kit I bought for it is Raybestos MK529. Advance Auto Parts' web
site says it also fits 1966 Americans. They also list several Jeeps from
67-71 but I'm not sure if those count or not. In any event, they for
sure have a split bore size. The TSM points this out and says to discard
the cylinder if it's worn since it's difficult to hone it properly.

Matt
--
mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH