Re: [AMC-List] Cherokee diesel?

TAPCO International (www.tapcointernational.com) has VM diesel engines
and parts. They get lots of Jeep parts, many that are surplus export
parts, or replacement parts. They had some 2.4 or 2.5 diesels intended
as replacements for the 2.1 Renault at one time.

The Renault 2.1 diesel was turbocharged -- all of them used in the Jeeps
over here. Otherwise it wouldn't have had the power of the 2.5L four!
Might be listed as less power, but the torque and gearing made it feel
close to the same -- except for acceleration. I drove one years ago.
Once up to speed it felt about the same as the 2.5L, but 0-45 was
definitely slower. Once you hit about 45 the turbo was putting out a
good bit of boost, I guess. Drove a lot like my old 196 American w/the
modified cam -- not much you could do to make it go any quicker to 45,
but drove pretty good after getting there.