Re: [AMC-List] Cherokee diesel?

The VM 2.5 diesel is/was used in these vehicles:

http://www.vmmotori.it/en/01/01/index.jsp

http://www.vmmotori.it/en/01/02/index.jsp

The 2.5 is an I4. There is a discussion about an Eagle converted to a VM
I6 in 1980 or so on the Eagle's Nest. The VM diesel is interesting as it
uses one cylinder head per cylinder. The engine in the Liberties is a
2.8 liter version of the same engine. A 2.5 or 2.8 with a turbo would be
a nice replacement for the AMC 4.2 IMHO. I believe that the converted
Eagle used the stock transmission, but I can't remember if it was an
automatic or standard. I found a Spirit for sale close to me that was a
fairly plain car with an I4 and a standard that got me thinking how nice
that would be with one of these in there... but of course I didn't buy
it... too many other things going on and I haven't a garage anymore.

Russ (from Pa.)
1988 Eagle Wagon (not a diesel)