Re: [AMC-List] Cherokee diesel?

" From: "Jeff Reeves" <amcnut@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Just a few weeks ago, I saw either a 95 or 96 model Cherokee diesel for sale on Ebay in the "parts car" category that had been wrecked. . It was an export model with a 2.5 diesel of some sort, but it was a factory-built diesel. It was in Maryland.

i wouldn't mind having one, though as a semi-orphan it'd probably be a
service nightmare.

that mill's an italian vm iirc, handled in this country by penske
detroit diesel.  i have a strange feeling it's a 5 cylinder but i
don't know why, nor what trannies it was matched with.

i -think- this is the same engine used in the recent diesel libertys.

" And, don't forget the diesel Cherokees that were available 84-86 (miserable as they likely were).

maybe '87 too, i'm not sure.

2.1L renault engines, don't recall if they were turboed.  they used
the same ax-5 stick as gas fours making a toyota re-engine even more
of a drop-kick.

a formerly-renault diesel has been for sale up around here, with the
seller proudly stating it now has an olds 4.3 diesel under the hood.
quite an achievement but not a great idea...