Re: [AMC-List] E-stick clutch

We had a mint condition 63 Classic four door in Uniontown, Pa back in the 80's. One owner car that as the selling dealer we were still replacing the lifetime warranty exhaust on for time to time! It had 43K on it last time I saw it. I assume the woman has passed on, I don't know what happened to the car.
  I drove it a few times. Very dissconcerting [god I wish I could spell!] to drive! Just hit the gas and go! Take your foot of the gas and shift!. The biggest misstake they made was using the large automatic brake pedal! Everyone that ever drove that car almost put themselves thru the window at least once going for the clutch pedal! If they'd have used the small brake pedal that would not be able to be done as easily!
  My dad hated that car as he was the one that had to keep the E-stick working. More that one time it blew it's load of oil everywhere and he had to salvage it! He swore everytime that he wouldn't be able too, but always did!
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net