Re: [AMC-List] 1966 Classic hump mount 4spd

Re: [AMC-List] 1966 Classic hump mount 4spd

The member who found that four speed car also mentioned that the shifter was GONE! What I remember about floor mount shifters for sticks is they suck for any form of agressive driving unless you have the engine/tranny mounts nailed down good. The combination of all the mounts flexing, plus body flex made for many a missed shift!
  If I was healthy I would offer to check as I know a yard that had a twinstick American. It's been a while since I was down there though. Might be gone.
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net