Re: [AMC-List] Urethane Bushing

Jack, I just had a thought.... Tom and I both drive 1963 Classics. These
were the first of the new "3 box" body design that used strut rod
suspension (the 62 Classic/Ambo used strut rods, but still had bumper to
bumper continuous rails along the body sides). Could be that the body
was modified in the strut rod mount area or even the bracket after 63.
So this jarring in the floor may only after those cars. I don't get it
with standard bushings, only with the poly. Come to think of it, it was
much less with the half-n-half bushings I ran before altering my strut
rod for the new bushings. So this may not be the case with later cars --
maybe not even the 64s.

Darn, I had another thought! When converting the old one piece bushing
strut rod (pre 68) to a two piece adjustable, you don't need a new style
strut rod for a donor. Cut the original strut rod 1.5"-2.0" in FRONT of
the bushing stop. Then weld a grade 8 5/8"x8"(I think it's 5/8" -- make
sure it's the same size as the inside of the spacer that comes with the
) stud to the end. You can get the stud at any industrial fastener shop.
DO NOT use "all thread"!! Make sure it's a grade 8 stud.