Re: [AMC-List] Compressors

Art,

I'm planning to buy an Ingersoll Rand when I have the money saved up.  I'm
looking at a model SS3L3.  3HP, 11.3 CFM, 100% duty cycle, 240 volt single
phase, 60 gallon vertical tank.  Here's a couple vendors that carry them.
Just search on compressors.  Prices run around $550 - $575.

http://www.northerntool.com
http://www.mytscstore.com

Be careful of the HP ratings when you're comparing compressors.  Many
companies still use "peak" HP.  I saw one the other day at Home Depot that
was rated for 7HP, but only drew 11 amps.  That has to be peak HP.  A true HP
rating for that motor would be around 2.5 or 3.  Rule of thumb is 4-5 amps
per 1 HP.

If you want to compare to some really nice high-end compressors, take a look
at the Quincy and Champion units that TP Tools carries.

http://www.tptools.com

Definitely buy as big as you can.  You'll be glad later.  One day you'll
decide you need a blast cabinet or something else that takes a lot of air.

Todd