[AMC-List] Front drum stuck to hub

   Kind of another rookie question but here goes-

   Rebuilding drum brakes all around on 60 Rambler Wagon.    Trying to
   remove front drum passenger side, shoes retracted with no problem, but
   drum wouldn't come off.   Planned on repacking bearings so took off
   nut and drum slips off no problem, but appears seized to the hub.
   So I have the drum and hub removed as one unit.    Could get away with
   having drum turned like this, but I've already purchased new drum and
   would like to put that on.

   If you follow me so far, I'm tempted to soak the drum/hub in PB
   Blaster then slam the lug bolts against a flat surface, but think I
   might damage hub or inner bearings.    Should I pry bearings out
   first?   Try heat around lugs then pry hub?    Am I missing something
   obvious here?  OK if I lose the drum but don't want to break anything
   else.

   -- Thanks a lot for your time!

   Johnny

   [1]Stay in touch with old friends and meet new ones with Windows Live
   Spaces