Re: [AMC-List] CJ-10 starter

A: I have the NP208J (pulled it off an '80 Cherokee 6 cyl's lock up 727
that's going into my '73 J4000 behind the 304) I replaced it with a Dodge
NP208D (which is passenger's side drop or front driveshaft output to the
non-4wheelers instead of the FSJ '80 and newer driver's side drop) In fact,
the NP208 was used by the Big3 as well as Jeep, but with some differences
between them. (I won't bore the non-wheelers on here with all the technicals
I discovered) Only Dodge/Jeep were a direct exchange to "flip" the tcase
from one side to the other.

From: msproviero@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AMC-List] CJ-10 starter
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

A few people on our local wheeling board have these.  One is
being parted out, so I will forward the link to that guy.  In
fact, 3 more were up for auction at Selfridge ANG in the past
week.  All you need are a 1980-up 8-lug D44 front from a J-20
and a 208J and you can drive it like a regular 4wd vehicle.
They have Dana 70 rears with 4.88 gearing.

I have the axle and t-case, but no CJ-10a. :(

-Spro