[AMC-List] A saga of sorts.....

I?m an occasional estate sale/auction guy, though only if I can get
cheap.. most times am wasting my Sat mornings..  (bought a ?63 American
for $60- last year) This past spring a notice for auction came out.
Canx at last minute for some reason..  Had a 76 Hornet listed.  I
watched this web site ALL summer waiting for it to come back up.
Finally it did, three weeks ago. Well, it figures I was traveling that
day (travel for work), in fact I was flying back to States landing in
Detroit about an hour after auction was probably over?  I put in an
absentee bid of $150-, as I did not know anything about the car other
than had a 258 and was a 76 Hornet.  Called when I landed, One other
bidder and of course he went over my absentee price (win $175-).  This
past Saturday, another auction, spoke with the ?trailer girl? and she
said that the fella that won the car bought it so he could sell for
scrap..  She traced me down a bit later and gave me the guy?s number
and today I went to look at it.  76 Hornet (sportabout I think) wagon.
258, auto, AC.  Has the alum wheels, only 2 center caps.  Wheels are a
bit bunged up as I believe he dragged the car home on flat tires, they
eventually collapsed and wheel on road damage.   Motor turned over, no
air cleaner so open carb.  Motor looked fairly clean.  Was a fabric
topped car, this is shredded and I found a couple of holes in the roof
so body is basically shot.  Interior not too bad but nothing to note as
special or to keep.  Windshield good. Bumpers and grill are good.  Trim
around wheelwells could be salvaged.  He removed the gas tank, do not
know if is good or of he bungled that up.  Gut is telling me he will
want at least $200- for it.. Spoke to his wife, fuzzy?s there told me
he may want more?. I COULD do 200-, and I have a place to store, but is
it worth it????  Gonna get with him later tonight to see what he does
want for it..

Possibly, to be continued??