Re: [AMC-List] Shipped! Trans coming, Rear Axle?

Re: [AMC-List] Shipped! Trans coming, Rear Axle?

Those axles are used behind 305 and 350 TPI engines, and with the 4.3L
V-6. I doubt you'll have a problem. You can always use wheel spacers if
necessary, but there's another problem! There are wheels that have the
old GM 5x4.75" pattern and the Ford/Chryco/AMC 5x4.5" pattern, but I
think the S-10 uses the newer metric pattern. So you might need two
different sets of wheels, or have the axles and rotors drilled for the
new pattern. If you need an inch on each side you can have spacers made
with the new pattern, but they are kind of pricey. Check with local
shops and see what they would charge for redrilling the hubs and rotors
first.

On July 11, 2006 markprice242@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> well, it seems that after I sent him 4 emails starting Sunday
evening.
> One from this address
> One from my work address
> Two thru eBay
> He shipped The T-5 out yesterday afternoon.
> Well, to be fair he entered the info into FedEx's system at 3:48 am
yesterday morning. It wasn't actually moving in their hands until 4PM
though.
>   It shows 90lbs, so lets hope he didn't ship me a pile of Bricks!
> I hope it is not tore up too bad.
>   Ironic thing is I opened up either Carcraft or Hotrod last night. I
forget which and there is an Article about T-5s and they used D&D for
their parts source! This is supposed to be a D&D build.
>   Now I figure I'll fool around and break the rear axle.
> I found out that a Late model two wheel drive S10 axle is only 54"
wide, but it only has a 7 5/8" ring, slightly larger than the 7 9/16"
AMC-15 itis available with vented discs too and there are a bunch of
them around fairly cheap. Plus it can be had with 3:42 gears. The
spring perches would need moved and 1" wheel spacers would put it back
at correct width or deeper dish wheels. I'm just thinking on this for
now as one step at a time is good enough. Anyone have any thoughts?