Re: [AMC-List] Shipped! Trans coming, Rear Axle?

Re: [AMC-List] Shipped! Trans coming, Rear Axle?

Just get the axle nuts loosened and torqued to spec, you should be
fine! I was doing clutch dumps in my much heavier Classic wagon with
the 4.0L, T-96 (just in first gear!), stock 3.31 torque tube axle. The
TT doesn't allow any twisting of the springs, so it all goes to the
axles! Never a problem. I was running close to stock tires with a "one
legger", but those axles are tougher than people think. Many AMX racers
use them on 10 second cars with no problems (well, those are model 20s,
but same type hub/axle). I wouldn't worry about the hubs as long as the
nuts are retorqued (250-300 lb/ft).

On July 11, 2006 markprice242@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> When I get the ZJ rear discs for the XJ I may try a quick test fit on
one of my AMC15 axles as dependingon offest and the hub diameter the ZJ
brakes may bolt onto the AMC15. That would be easy, but still leave the
two piece axles. which I figure are the weak link in the picture
anyway. I'm somewhat afraid that once I put the World class T-5 in it
I'll be a little more prone to dump the clutch once and a while! With
the 255/60/15's and the 4.0L making as much power as some of the small
8's. I'm guessing it won't be too long before I break SOMETHING!