Re: [AMC-List] my tail light expense

Seems I remember the taillights for the 62 being a bit unique now -- oh
well, you have to do what you have to do! At least the headlights will
be easy -- standard replacement part in any parts store. I have halogen
sealed beams in mine. I haven't found any with the replaceable bulbs,
but I haven't been looking. The sealed beam halogens work just as good,
much better than standard sealed beams.

On July 11, 2006 d stohler wrote:

> according to the seller on ebay, these are NOS tail lights. one is
still in the old bag with the amc part # on it. i have found tail
lights for 62 americans no problem. 63 classics and up. the 62 classic
is a round red lense, with a clear triangle on the bottom, and the
center is a reflector with a clear "pretty" trim ring around the red
lense. i have never found any new or nos tail lights in the 7 years i
have had the car. i got pulled over by a cop when i first started
driving it. said first, he had never seen a rambler and wanted to see
what the hell it was, then told me to get that tail light fixed. now,
me being the smart ass i am.... couldnt let it go.... told HIM to find
me a new set of tail lights and then BUY them for me. cause i couldnt
find them, and at the time, if i did find them, probably couldnt afford
them. so he got all pissy and took out a can of red spray paint and
made me spray paint the bulb red right there on the side of the
highway. LOL. guess that
>  was better than it coulda been? it was only a small chip in one
corner, but enough for him i guess. anyway, should look nice. my parts
car 62 classic had some nice housings that the chrome cleaned up real
good. lenses were still cracked and real cloudy tho. should look nice
and puurrrty now. i have seen them before, but dont know where to look.
them clear lense headlights. i have the 4 lights on it. 5" or 5 1/4"
somethin like that. the small roundies. they take like h4 hallogen
bulbs i think. anyway. wanting to find some of them. like how they
look. still looking for someone who might have the stainless trim for
the car. anyone have any leads keep me in mind if you could?? i guess
thats about all for today. things are really heating up around here.
125 degrees almost every day.. latly been real windy and dusty. only 4
months left of this place tho. almost out. anyone near s.w. oklahoma,
dallas area know of a 304? dont have to be running. just be a healthy
candidate for a