Re: [AMC-List] Band adjustment, little aluminum Borg Warner auto

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, Mark Price wrote:

> I'd be careful of doing the band adjustment. It can be tricky as the threads on the adjustment and in the case can get corroded and just generally gunked up over years of road use. Then when you try to adjust it using the torque wrench method you can't get a good reading.
>   Isn't the shop that did yours still in business? It's best with those to get someone who has done one before. If you can get it adjusted right I'd suggest doing so, but I don't know that I'd try it myself if I wasn't having problems.

The rear band's adjuster is external, so I can see it gettin
crapped up, and fouling up the torque reading... then maybe
I'll just leave it alone and fix the leak.

The place that adjusted it last, installed the pan with the
massive leak.  I'd rather do that myself. I'll take the time
to do it right.