Re: [AMC-List] Band adjustment, little aluminum Borg Warner auto

Re: [AMC-List] Band adjustment, little aluminum Borg Warner auto

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, Ken Ames wrote:
"
"
" > Other trannys of the same model don't need this.
" > Must be an internal leakdown of some sort.
" > I've heard that prolonged idling in park isn't good for the Chryco
" > transmissions, better to do it in neutral as there is better oilflow and the
" > above seems to bear that out.
"
" I wouldn't be surprised. I've had really good luck with this
" trans, even though it's small, air-cooled, and in a largeish car
" (Classic wagon).

otoh it can't be -that- 'largeish' if a 199 will motivate it
adequately, automatic and all!