Re: [AMC-List] Band adjustment, little aluminum Borg Warner auto

At 09:03 PM 7/6/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
>"
>" On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, Ken Ames wrote:
>"
>"
>" > Other trannys of the same model don't need this.
>" > Must be an internal leakdown of some sort.
>" > I've heard that prolonged idling in park isn't good for the Chryco
>" > transmissions, better to do it in neutral as there is better oilflow
>and the
>" > above seems to bear that out.
>"
>" I wouldn't be surprised. I've had really good luck with this
>" trans, even though it's small, air-cooled, and in a largeish car
>" (Classic wagon).
>
>otoh it can't be -that- 'largeish' if a 199 will motivate it
>adequately, automatic and all!

I'd call the 199 and auto combination in my American wagon barely adequate
until you get over 60 mph and then it's okay. My sedan has a 232 and 3
speed and is much more pleasant to drive.

Matt

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com