Re: [AMC-List] oil filters

> >you will see all sorts of "tests" by people
> >bad-mouthing the Frams, and I don't know why. Perhaps
> >the original tester had a bone to pick with Fram,
> >maybe a disgruntled employee, I don't know. I do know
> >that I have been running Fram PH-11 in all my AMCs for
> >years. I have never lost an engine, either 6 or 8, and
> >start up chatter is non-existant. Of course I follow

It's a fact that today, Fram filters have a glued-on carboard
end. Good ones use steel or molded plastic and retainers.
You could very well be having filter failures and never know it;
if the end pops off, oil would flow just fine, but not filter,
since you do excellent maintenance you'd never notice short of
opening up the filter.

Chances are, no brand filter fails often at all. But in the
"race to the bottom" in price (quality follows) these days it
pays to look ahead and step out of the way of future problems,
especially when the cost to avoid 'em is low.