Re: [AMC-List] Band adjustment, little aluminum Borg Warner auto

Re: [AMC-List] Band adjustment, little aluminum Borg Warner auto

I'd be careful of doing the band adjustment. It can be tricky as the threads on the adjustment and in the case can get corroded and just generally gunked up over years of road use. Then when you try to adjust it using the torque wrench method you can't get a good reading.
  Isn't the shop that did yours still in business? It's best with those to get someone who has done one before. If you can get it adjusted right I'd suggest doing so, but I don't know that I'd try it myself if I wasn't having problems.
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net